Sunday, February 28, 2016

CASSANDRA YOU LITTLE BITCH

Hello!

So you saw my title, yes? I'll get into why.

Many of The Mortal Instrument's fans have heard that Cassandra Clare wrote Shadowhunter's Academy and it's the story of Simon and the leading up to ascension. It was so much more than that. We get some Emma and Julian, some Tessa and Will, some James Herondale, MALEC OMG OMG OMG Okay I'm getting spoilery just go read them and I highly highly recommend the audio books, they are so great.

SPOIIILLLLLSSSSS

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO END THIS WHY CASSIE? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? IT'S JUST MEAN. JUST MEEEAAANNNN. I hate you. I don't, but I do. George was BAE why would you kill him? He was cute and funny and smart and I just don't understand. I really don't. It makes me want to cry a lot. A lot a lot. George was so cute. I loved his accent and his demeanor. I honestly don't understand why he wasn't strong enough. And now because of all this, Simon is broken. You fucking broke Simon. I can't even.

harry and kat aaahhhh from shadowhunterstv
MALEC MALEC MALEC MALEC. I'm so fucking excited to see more of Malec in Lady Midnight because I swear if we don't, I'm going to jump off a bridge. I swear. THEY NAMED HIM MAX. I WANT TO CRY. AND HE'S BLUE AND ADORABLE. And the ENTIRE scene where the Lightwoods originally come to the academy to baby proof and talk about names made me the happiest person. When Magnus first walked in though, and he saw Clary, and I don't remember the exact line but he said something about him always enjoying her presence. Then she bounced over to him and they relationship is the absolute best because i don't even know but I just imagine him holding her as she's sobbing g because of a fight with Jace because she wouldn't go to Simon because he'd beat Jace to smithereens but Magnus would just sit there and hold her and god I just can't explain it because it's so cute. "Magnus was always pleased to see Clary. 'Hello, Biscuit,' he said. Clary sidled over to the doorway and grinned up at him, a thousand gallons of troubled in a pint sized body. "Hi.'" ITS SO CUTE. SO CUTE.

PARABATAI YUS. I'm so pumped because now I know more about how the parabatai ceremony and things work, and holy shIT. Now, I just look at people who are good friends and decide if they're close enough to be parabatai or not and it's so beautiful. I can't even begin to understand why we didn't get this in the books orginially because it's so beautiful and wonderful and Simon and Clary and uuughghh. It's so beautiful and Simon and Clary are gonna be parabatai and Simon all broken so still FUCK YOU CASSANDRA.

Catarina is fucking fabulous. She's so badass and she's everything I imagined her to be from The Bane Chronicles and more. Her little relationship with Simone throughout the story was beautiful. Right after George, it was her to grab Simon's shoulder. Her. OHMYGOD SO CUTE. I can't even handle it.

This book is an amazing example of why I read. It. Makes. Me. So. Happy. SO. HAPPY.

--Sheiny

No comments:

Post a Comment