Saturday, April 9, 2016

OOH LOOK!

Hello!

I've been reading a ton lately and it's amazing, but I will get to that in another post because I need to write like three anyway so I'll do some I promise.

I'm almost finished with spring break and I'm sitting in my hotel room in Quito, Ecuador writing a blog post. When I should be sleeping. Jesus I'm depressing. *takes a sip of alcoholic drink* haha I'm completely kidding. I wouldn't drink and then tell the internet about it. But before Quito (sort of) I went to the Galapagos! It was really great. Sure, there were some kinks but guess who's surviving? ME! Isn't that unbelievable?

So first we flew into Quito, spent a day here, then flew to the Galapagos. Then we got on the yacht called The Comorant. It's a boat made for sixteen guest passengers and maybe that many or more crew. But basically we went to lunch on a turtle farm the first day and guess who showed up. Guess!

*pause for dramatic effect*

HARRISON FORD. Haha it was cool and I fucking hate people everyone was trying to sneak a photo and he was just trying to be on vacation. I mean, I obviously tried to but that's beside the point.
he's in the green baseball cap rIgHt ThErE. and his wife
on the left, the bodyguard in the sombrero, the guide on
the right, and the son in the blue nike shirt you can't
really see
His son, wife (who's also famous, Calista Flockhart), their bodyguard and their tourguide. Haha I hate myself for that photo it's not even funny.

But we saw all kinds of animals, too! Land turtles, sea turtles, land iguanas, sea iguanas, penguins (!!!), blue footed boobies (stop that's gross they're birds, asshole), red footed boobies, cormorants, pelicans, sea lions, finches, herons, rays, and so many fish that I couldn't name if my life depended on it. It was really cool. The Galapagos is one of the most biologically rare, diverse, and rich places on earth and, as my favorite botanist told me, "it's the shit." The natural way these islands have stayed has actually appalled me because we've ruined so much of our planet but in these tiny islands in the pacific it's as if we were never here. The National Park service is extremely strict in keeping it that way, too.

We went snorkeling very often and underwater is beautiful (the water was uh-maze-ing) and the
see, blue footed boobies. they were cool. also there's a
sea lion on the right and some cormorants on the left
plants were so full of life and the fish were vibrant and active and swimming right next to you. Same with sea turtles holy crap those were cool. They would come right under you and just kinda hang. I made friends. Some of the other people on my boat saw sharks (I didn't :'( I sad) but my mom was included and she saw it and went right on to the little boat haha she was so scared she was like "IT WAS HUGE AND IT WASN'T FAR BELOW ME AND IT WAS SO HUGE YOU GUYS GUYS gUyS" I found the whole ordeal pretty damn funny.

So I said above we were on a boat with other people (nine of them, six in my group). None of them were children (the youngest were my parents age) but they were some of the nicest people, the best people you could wish for on a trip like this. There was one lady who was crazy but also crazy nice and sweet. There was a jolly, funny guy who you could talk to about literally anything. And there was a genius college professor who was always intellectual. And those are just a few. I was really glad. Though, they were crazy. They went on hikes at 5:30 smh.

THANKS FOR LISTING TO MY CRAZINESS I'M SORRY I KNOW THIS POST KINDA SUCKED ASS.

--Sheiny

No comments:

Post a Comment