Wednesday, January 13, 2016

It Has Finally Arrived. It's Time.

Hello!

IT'S HERE. SHADOWHUNTERS DAY HAS COME AND GONE AND THE SHOW WAS OHMYGOD. Okay, for the non-spoiler section the acting and the special effects were pretty bad. BUT the potential for where this show is going and how it's going and following the plot of the book and ohmygod. I'm very impressed. I figured it'd just be anything but the book but damn, they were close. Ok now I gotta talk spoilers

SPOILERS

Okay so the start of her walking into the art school was actually kind of awesome to see right away that she's like an art person but we also knew by her portfolio they were going to let her in because of that. It was pretty obvious. Then her with Simon was a fabulous BrOTP moment that I don't think I could've lived without. Then she goes home and sees her mom and her mom gives her the "family heirloom" which I actually liked because now she has the family's instead of one she gets randomly. Then the demon attack and Dot (the actual fuck was this bitch and why was she good???) being possessed by the ravener demon and those action sequences were pretty great. Ok, but before the demon attack and Clary was there?!? Uh nope. And the special effects of that portal. Uh hell no.
And Clary's scared acting. Laughably no. But Dominic and Alberto and Harry were pretty fucking awesome. And I loved Pandemonium, and the Institute was all tech-y which I thought is actually cooler because their technology was just not logical in the book. We also got no explanation of anything so people watching this show and not having read the book are just lost. Straight up, these people must be so confused because they didn't explain shit. I understand the need for the "All the legends are true" line but still. We need some more. And I would like some more Magnus. Now. I love Harry Shum and I love Magnus so overall, thoroughly excited for more of him.

i mean come on, a cover like this is bound to have some issues. from fan-place
I actually loved Simon in this, like a lot. He was really funny and how he was around Clary was great. I know that'll all get ruined once the whole "love triangle that lasts for 20 pages" happens. But still. Then Sizzy. AND MALEC THERE'S ALREADY AN EPISODE CALLED MALEC SO PUMPED. I loved Jocelyn and Luke was great and way to attractive for me to handle. The men in this show, man. So attractive. All of them. And you know you're only going to get more attracted to them as the show goes on. It's going to turn into Benedict Cumberbatch. He's really unattractive but apparently after you watch Sherlock you're magically attracted. Whatever. I still haven't watched it. Sorry not sorry.

I'd rate this finally an 85%. The soundtrack, the ideas put in place, and the cliffhanger really made it fabulous. What dropped it was the horrible special effects for the magic and the acting (specifically Katherine, I LOVE YOU THOUGH, I JUST KNOW YOU CAN DO BETTER) because they were disappointing.

Also there was a new Pretty Little Liars. It was okay. Not great. Kind of over this show. Should've ended it last season to be honest. It's just the same thing every season. Whatever. It's fine. I'll probably keep watching it because I'm trash.

So, not really reading anything. Sorry. It's finals week and I'm busy all the time. Reading slumps if you'll refer to my post "I Hate Myself" you can find more.

--Sheiny

No comments:

Post a Comment